The Gk4You publish for you on daily basis Current Affairs and Category wise. The main categories of GK & Current Affairs are India, International, States, Awards & honors, Defense, Education, Festivals, Obituary, Science, Politics, Persons, Important Days, Banking & Business, Environment, Sports, Technology, Books & Authors, Inventions and World Organizations Etc.
2nd August 2019 – Current Affairs
1. Which nation becomes 4th African nation to join global coalition ?
Answer : Negeria
Key Points : In 2017, Ethiopia is the 1st African nation to be part of the global coalition. Burundi & Morocco are also the part of global group.
2. Which Insurance company partnered with Mobikwik to sell ‘miniature’ insurance plans?
Answer : Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance
Key Points : MD & CEO of Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance is Sumit Rai.
3. Which company set up by Union Ministry of Mines to ensure a consistent supply of minerals ?
Answer : Khanji Bidesh India Ltd (KABIL)
4. Who has been selected for Ramon Magsaysay Award 2019 ?
Answer : Ravish Kumar
Key Points : Ravish Kumar is an Indian journalist of NDTV news. The award will be given to all recipients at a ceremony in Manila on September 9, 2019.
5. Who has been appointed as Secretary of Department for promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) ?
Answer : Dr. Guruprasad Mohapatra
Key Points : Dr. Guruprasad Mohapatra served as Chairman of Airports Authority of India (AAI).
6. Who takes charge as DG of India Meteorological Department (IMD) ?
Answer : Mrutyunjay Mohapatra
Key Points : Mrutyunjay Mohapatra will replace K.J.Ramesh. He is Odisha-born scientist.
7. Who took charge as Controller General of Accounts ?
Answer : Girraj Prasad
Key Points : Girraj Prasad is 1983-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service Officer.
8. How many times after Partition, ‘Nagar Kirtan’ arrives from Pakistan to India?
Answer : 1st time
9. Which institute develops Hydro Thermal Canonization for Waste Management ?
Answer : Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur